Photo of Phoenix Union High School now the U of A College of Medicine

Phoenix Union High School
f/8.0 – 1/30 sec – ISO 250 – Focal Length 28 mm

Built in 1911 in Phoenix on Van Buren between 7th and 3rd streets, the Phoenix Union High School served the city for many decades.  After the campus sat unoccupied for several years the University of Arizona converted it into the new Phoenix campus of the College of Medicine.  The old buildings appear much as they did in 1911.  Additional space required by the college was added on as very modern architecture to clearly distinguish it as 21st century.  The old was merged with the new while maintaining the uniqueness of each.

Leave a comment

Name: (Required)

E-mail: (Required)